Towers at UTC Online Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Towers at UTC Online Community

A resident-made, resident-run forum for residents of the Towers at University Town Center. Welcome!

2 posters

Shantel - Sports Management major @ Howard University

jamaicanmami386
    jamaicanmami386

Shantel - Sports Management major @ Howard University Empty Shantel - Sports Management major @ Howard University

Post  jamaicanmami386 Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Hey hey hey,

My name is Shantel and im a freshman Sports Management major at Howard University.

A few things about me:

~I was born in Jamaica

~Ive lived in MD, TX, and FL

~I love music(mostly hip hop and R&B)

~I play the piano a little bit

~Love going sopping and just chillin with my friends

~Love watching movies

~Im a super chill person

~Love to party and meet new ppl

~Love football and basketball

~Love doing hair(im really good at cornrows and re-twisting dreads)

~I stay on my phone either talking or txting(my sister says im a textaholic lol)

Well thats a little bit about yours truly...im still kinda new to the area so im still looking to meet new ppl.
    Kali the Awesome Admin
    Kali the Awesome Admin
    Admin

Shantel - Sports Management major @ Howard University Empty Re: Shantel - Sports Management major @ Howard University

Post  Kali the Awesome Admin Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:28 pm

jamaicanmami386 wrote:Hey hey hey,

My name is Shantel and im a freshman Sports Management major at Howard University.

A few things about me:

~I was born in Jamaica

~Ive lived in MD, TX, and FL

~I love music(mostly hip hop and R&B)

~I play the piano a little bit

~Love going sopping and just chillin with my friends

~Love watching movies

~Im a super chill person

~Love to party and meet new ppl

~Love football and basketball

~Love doing hair(im really good at cornrows and re-twisting dreads)

~I stay on my phone either talking or txting(my sister says im a textaholic lol)

Well thats a little bit about yours truly...im still kinda new to the area so im still looking to meet new ppl.

lol hey shantel welcome to the forum!

you said you know how to re-twist dreads? i can't tell from your pic, do you have dreads? i've been thinking about getting locks/sisterlocks after i cut off all of my relaxed hair back in october.
    jamaicanmami386
    jamaicanmami386

Shantel - Sports Management major @ Howard University Empty Re: Shantel - Sports Management major @ Howard University

Post  jamaicanmami386 Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:49 am

naww i dont have dreads but i can re-twist dreads i just dont know how to start them yet but im learning
    Kali the Awesome Admin
    Kali the Awesome Admin
    Admin

Post  Kali the Awesome Admin Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:20 pm

jamaicanmami386 wrote:naww i dont have dreads but i can re-twist dreads i just dont know how to start them yet but im learning

That's cool! Now I'm debating whether to get dreads after an article I saw in the hilltop the other day about the "unprofessional" look of dreads...OR, that's the opinion that a lot of employers hold at least, supposedly.
    jamaicanmami386
    jamaicanmami386

Post  jamaicanmami386 Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:03 pm

The way i see it is if ur dreads are neat and well taken care of they can look very professional. I had a a professor last semester who had dreads and hers were well taken care of and looked very good to me. Its all about how you care for them.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:38 am